Team Lead Java Engineer (d/f/m)
Technology | Kiev , Ukraine |
AUTO1 Group is Europe’s leading multi-sided platform for the used car sector. We lead business activities in more than 30 countries worldwide. By connecting buyers and sellers through technology we enable dealers and consumers to trade seamlessly throughout Europe. AUTO1 Group owns business units like AUTO1.com, Autohero.com and noicompriamoauto.it.
What you will do:
- Application Ownership: Architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by us in our service oriented platform with currently 250+ restful microservices. As a team lead you and your team own a subset of our applications and services.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (2400+ releases in 2018).
- Raise the bar: Your solutions and technical advice are founded on your solid technical experience. You have managed one or more teams into continuous success and your leadership is guiding in green field scenarios.
- Lead and Develop: We grow. You grow. Your team grows. Take responsibility for growth and development of your team and help everyone around you to get better every day.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and creating tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated.
- We currently use spring-cloud, java8 (moving to 10), postgres 9.6 with jsonb types, mysql, elasticsearch and a nice bunch of AWS technologies like ec2, ecs with docker, s3, rds, sqs/sns, elasticache and some lambdas.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code. You met all the people you’ll work with and have an onboarding task to work on.
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production. You have started designing your first solutions and are closely working with product owners in your team.
- In one month you have taken over the main development processes of your team.
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers. You will have been part of two feedback cycles for your team and have become a trusted advisor to all of them.
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a solid contributor to applications you own. You are a seasoned engineering leader and you are growing your team members in order to reach their next career steps. You’re able to work independently aligned with business priorities on software projects and your team is stable and reliable.
What you should bring:
- You are very smart and can understand complex problems swiftly
- You have at least half a year of previous experience in leading a group of developers and taking responsibility for your team and your software. The more the better.
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in java programming
- You have a good understanding of the JVM. You are fluid in modern java and know the possibilities of the language and can apply them in every-day and really tricky scenarios
- You have a passionate opinion on how a restful APIs should ideally look like, but you’re not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business
- You bring at least 2 years experience with spring based technologies and have hands on experience with spring boot, ideally spring cloud
- You’ve seen enough to know that you’re not perfect, but when looking into a mirror you know you’re pretty darn good!
What you will get:
- Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies
- A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Kiev with free drinks
- Team events
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application.