Head of marketplace (B2B)
Sales / Remarketing | Milano , Italy Via Domenico Cirillo 6 Lombardia 20154 Milano | AUTO1 Group
Founded in 2012, AUTO1 Group is now Europe’s leading car trading platform. As an independent multi-brand platform, AUTO1 Group is aimed primarily at the used car trade and offers over 60,000 professional partners the opportunity to access a diversified portfolio of more than 30,000 vehicles. By connecting buyers and sellers through technology the company enables dealers and consumers to trade seamlessly throughout Europe. The company’s well-known brands are AUTO1.com, noicompriamoauto.it and Autohero. AUTO1 Group matches supply and demand for used cars in over 30 countries. In 2018 the company sold more than 540,000 vehicles and achieved revenues of €2.9 billion.
For more information please visit www.auto1-group.com
Auto1 is seeking a talented, innovative young professional to join our growing and successful B2B team that will be composed by 100+ employees in 2021.
This person will lead the Remarketing team in Italy, managing the B2B (Remarketing) business unit across Italy. The team consists of 25+ employee (including commercial, operations, analysts and Quality Assurance) and is already structured with Team Leads to help the Remarketing Head in the day to day operations. AUTO1 plans to further invest into the team and grow the business sustainable.
The position will report to the VP Italy and will work closely with the company management team, including the group’s Remarketing VP (based out of Berlin), who is responsible for the Group-wide B2B business activities.
This role provides an outstanding platform for strong profile to visibly impact on our business and rapidly create a track-record of success in a fast-growing company. Our success depends on our people and we invest in them every day. Working with us is to be part of one of the fastest growing companies that thrives on a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
This role will provide high performers with high-level exposure and involvement in the company’s strategic agenda. The visibility and impact this role will position him/her for further development opportunities into leadership positions.
What you will do:
- Report directly to the BtoB Director to manage one of the main Business Units of Auto1. This unit had grown 100% YoY and has potential to grow even faster;
- Manage team of 25+ people spread among Italy and Albania including hiring, mentoring and developing;
- Take over responsibility for the business unit’s profit and loss statement as well as its economic performance;
- Formulate and execute the strategy and growth plan and monitor key performance indicators to measure effectiveness and efficiency;
- Cultivate relationships with existing partners and identify new business opportunities for future growth and meet directly with most promising commercial leads;
- Work with the HQ in Germany and especially with VP of Remarketing to ensure continuous improvement of the product and constant monitoring of targets;
- Keep a hands-on approach on particular deals and improve internal processes with a high-level vision in mind.
What you should bring:
- Exceptional managerial and analytical skills with the ability to work and manage in fast-paced and dynamically changing environments;
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership position, ideally in the automotive, startup, management consulting or investment banking industry;
- Experience in B2B Sales or Business Development with hard quantitative targets;
- Proficiency in Excel (be able to sum numbers is not proficiency);
- Proven track record of personal and professional achievements;
- Excellent (for real) oral and written communication skills in Italian and English;
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time.
What you will get:
- Contributing to the success of a hyper-growth company and being part of the digital revolution in the car business;
- Unique learning opportunity in a fast-paced environment with an exceptional leadership team;
- An attractive salary package with a fixed and variable part.
Auto1 Italy Headquarter, center of Milan