We are seeking a technically skilled Head of Data Science to join our dynamic Data Science department at AUTO1 Group Technology. As part of our disruptive approach in the used car market, our team leverages cutting-edge technology to gather and analyze data, optimizing our platforms and processes.
AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading digital automotive platform. We revolutionize the used car market with our well-known brands Autohero, wirkaufendeinauto.de, and AUTO1.com.
- Fully flexible working policy, including the possibility of a remote contract in countries where Auto1 Group has an entity.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Educational budget to support your continuous learning and development.
- Choose between Linux or Mac
- Exciting team events like Hackathons, foster collaboration and innovation.
- Discounts at Autohero, our platform for high-quality used cars.
Your new role:
- Drive the development and deployment of impactful machine learning models that deliver business results.
- Work closely with Data Science Team Leads to oversee the development of various machine learning topics, ensuring resources are allocated effectively and projects stay on track.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members, offering advice on modeling questions and making critical MLOps design choices.
- Motivate and inspire team members to reach their maximum potential, attracting and retaining top talent.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners in the tech department to identify and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Advocate best practices in processes, coding standards, and technologies within the data science department.
- Proven experience in managing teams or departments, with a focus on technical guidance and mentorship.
- Demonstrated track record of generating substantial business impact through successful development and deployment of machine learning models.
- Profound knowledge of predictive machine learning models, software engineering practices, and machine learning operations.
- Experience or quick adaptability to our tech stack, including Python, AWS services (Step Functions, Glue, Sagemaker & Sagemaker Python SDK, Redshift, etc.), Jenkins, Terraform, FastAPI and SQL.
- Strong business understanding and the ability to draw meaningful conclusions from A/B test experiments, providing relevant insights to stakeholders.
At AUTO1 Group we live an open culture, believe in direct communication, and value diversity. We welcome every applicant; regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
Complete your job application by uploading your CV at the top of this application form. You can upload additional attachments, such as a cover letter or portfolio at the bottom.