Expert Java Engineer (f/m/x)
Technology | Berlin , Germany Bergmannstraße Berlin Berlin | AUTO1 Group
Our IT department has been one of the references in the Berlin start-up scene for the past 7 years, deploying an average of 45 releases in 2019, using more than 10 programing languages daily and handling more than 2TB of data daily in a fully AWS integrated platform.
Auto1's java engineers develop tools that disrupt the automotive industry. You will build and own features maintaining a high quality and ensuring we deliver the best product to our clients. Part of a very diverse team you can propose and drive new solutions to existing technical and business challenges.
Your new role
- Full lifecycle engineering: Architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our service oriented platform with currently 110+ restful microservices.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Raise the bar: Our team has a combined professional experience of over 250 years, averaging at 7.3y per person. Each developer undergoes our coding puzzles to ensure we hire greatest quality. Our culture makes every one of us better every day.
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields.
- 6+ years of professional experience in java programming with spring-based technologies
- Experience in leading a group of developers and taking responsibility for your team and your software. The more the better!
- Deep understanding of the JVM. You are fluid in modern java and know the possibilities of the language and can apply them in every-day or heisenbug scenarios
- Passionate opinion on how a restful APIs should ideally look like, but you’re not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business
- Hands on experience with spring boot, a nice to have would be spring cloud
Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies. You can see what we do in our Tech-Blog: https://auto1.tech
Relocation support to Germany which includes assistance with visa, apartment search and refund
A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg, Bergmannkiez) with free drinks & fruits
Team and company events like Hackathons, International Nights, Annual Company Parties, Football, Team Nights and more
As we know you are eager to learn and explore new technology, we will allow you to access an Educational budget that you can use for your personal growth
Flexible working hours. You will be able to adjust your daily journey around our core-hours, making your start and end of the day compatible with your personal life
We offer discounts on well-known brands like Urban Sports, Bosch, Apple and Sky, as well as special offers on used cars for you, your family and your friends
Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
Apply by uploading your CV with a note of your salary expectations.
AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading digital automotive platform. As a dynamic tech company, we are revolutionizing the used car market with our brands wirkaufendeinauto.de, AUTO1.com and Autohero. Our strong team of 4.500 people is dedicated to making Europe-wide car trading, transport and financing as fast, easy and stress-free as possible for our customers. Grow personally and shape the future of car trading with us
At AUTO1 Group we live an open culture, believe in direct communication, and value diversity. We welcome every applicant; regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or any other non-merit factor.