Director of Engineering (f/m/x)
Technology | Berlin , Germany Bergmannstraße Berlin 10961 Berlin | AUTO1 Group
Our IT department has been one of the references in the Berlin start-up scene for the past 7 years, deploying an average of 45 releases a day in 2019, using more than 10 programming languages daily and handling more than 2TB of data daily in a fully AWS integrated platform.
To continue this progress and to push new markets we are looking for a Director of Engineering to help lead our dynamic technology department.
Your new role
- Lead and deliver: Lead a large developer org (40-80 people) to deliver quality, innovative software solutions in a vibrant environment
- Inspire and Hire: Grow your people. Hire world-class talent
- Raise the bar: We expect solid technical experience and knowledge, to lead by example and build those around you to push boundaries and excel
- Team-up: Through extensive previous experience leading high-potential teams you will establish yourself as an authority and forge long-lasting relationships with our diverse team, not just in tech, but across the company
- Use your brain (a lot): Complex problems will be your bread and butter. You must show a hands-on can-do attitude to solve all the challenges ahead. We have one of the most prolific and largest teams in town, with more than 4800 releases in 2019
- Make the grade: Together with Product and Design counterparts, you provide our customers with the best technological experience. This alignment is the pillar of our business, closing the circle between features, technology and value
- A record in Operational Excellence obtained reducing operational risk and operating costs with an increased revenue
- 5+ years hands-on as an Engineer with 3+ years leading multiple teams. Proven skill Managing Managers, with the capacity to delegate
- Deep technical literacy with a passion for the new
- A history of designing and developing applications, supported by a demonstrated track record of engineering leadership
- We are proud to be a data-driven company. Experience in this kind of environment is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build effective communication with Business Partners, Stakeholders and the tech world outside our company
- Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies. You can see what we do in our Tech-Blog: https://auto1.tech
- Relocation support to Germany which includes assistance with visa, apartment search and refund
- A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg, Bergmannkiez) with free drinks & fruits
- Team and company events like Hackathons, International Nights, Annual Company Parties, Football, Team Nights and more
- As we know you are eager to learn and explore new technology, we will allow you to access an Educational budget that you can use for your personal growth
- Flexible working hours. You will be able to adjust your daily journey around our core-hours, making your start and end of the day compatible with your personal life
- We offer discounts on well-known brands like Urban Sports, Bosch, Apple and Sky, as well as special offers on used cars for you, your family and your friends
- Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
Apply by uploading your CV with a note of your salary expectations.
AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading digital automotive platform. As a dynamic tech company, we are revolutionizing the used car market with our brands wirkaufendeinauto.de, AUTO1.com and Autohero. Our strong team of 4.500 people is dedicated to making Europe-wide car trading, transport and financing as fast, easy and stress-free as possible for our customers. Grow personally and shape the future of car trading with us
At AUTO1 Group we live an open culture, believe in direct communication, and value diversity. We welcome every applicant; regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or any other non-merit factor.