AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading car trading platform which connects the automotive industry through technology. We lead business activities in more than 30 European countries and enable dealers and consumers to trade seamlessly via our brands AUTO1.com, compramostucoche.es and Autohero.
For our Global Tax Team, we are looking for a VAT Junior Manager to support the accurate preparation and filing of our company's state and tax forms in Eastern Europe (CEE & SEE region) to be based in Madrid.
The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent English language, good knowledge of EU VAT regulations and has practical experience in preparation of VAT and other tax returns and calculations.
What you will do:
- Collect, process, prepare and review tax relevant information from accounting systems.
- Prepare tax calculations and tax declarations (VAT returns, SAFT, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat Reports), in the CEE countries and other EU countries observing deadlines and payment due dates.
- Cooperate with the Teams in Warsaw and Berlin.
- Support in analysis of rules, regulations and interpretations to evaluate tax effects of particular transactions.
- Provide internal and external audit support.
- Monitor deadlines for accounting reports and documents flow.
- Participate in tax proceedings and tax audits.
- Previous VAT experience of at least 2 years preferably in accounting, tax or finance and in preparing tax returns and tax calculations.
- Good knowledge of VAT tax regulations as well as interest in the international tax law.
- Willing to focus on Eastern Europe as a region.
- Higher education level or student of last year of economic, law or other related studies.
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of English language, especially with good knowledge of tax and accounting terms.
- Experience with Polish taxation and Polish language knowledge would be appreciated but not a must.
- You have advanced Excel skills and handling data accurately comes naturally to you.
What you will get:
- A diverse, fun and open-minded team.
- A very international working environment with exciting national and international projects, you will work with people based all over Europe.
- Comfortable working conditions and stable employment.
- Flat hierarchies, a growth perspective and very good development opportunities.
Complete your job application by uploading your CV at the top of this application form. You can upload additional attachments, such as a cover letter or portfolio at the bottom.